Monday, October 11, 2010

Protesting


So to update you all on some politics here in Italy, recently there have been major budget cuts to schools all over Italy, making students and parents furious, of course. This has resulted in less teachers and bigger classes. Some really mean person up top has also decided that school will start earlier and end later, this especially infuriates me because the new school times are one of the main reasons I had to move from my beloved art school. Now school hours are closer to those in the States, but still 6 days a week.
Because of these changes, mostly the budget cuts, students all over the country organized a strike where no student would go to school on Octobre 8, 2010. And parents back them up, agreeing that we can all not go to school because it's for a good cause. Then the ideal would be that those students would go to a protest in one of the bigger cities. However, I didn't go to a protest, to my disappointment.
This is how my day went on Friday: I woke up normal time and drove to school with my host sister, we then met up with her class where we decided who would be the ones to go into the school (only to be excused after a few minutes when there was only 3 people in class). My host sister and I were not the one's to go in, so we went back home with her cousin. We then headed to the shopping center, Auchan, did some shopping, met up with friends, and then I went to a concert that night that was sweet:)
I have decided that I don't mind these strike days if they result in days off and I look forward to more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment