Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Changin' Things Around

Ciao everyone!
I am writing to you while sitting on my couch, in my Pj's, watching the FairlyOdd Parents dubbed in Italian, on this fine overcast Wednesday morning. If you are wondering why I am not in Brindisi at school at the moment, I will tell you that it is because I have decided to change schools! Which makes me sad but I know it is the right decision.
On Sunday night I went to Brindisi with my mom, sister, youngest brother, my mother's friend and her daughter for yummy calzons. On our walk there we stopped by a performance of Pizzica which I have grown very fond of. It is a traditional Puglianese dance and I have been told is about a girl and a tarantula. It is mesmerizing and beautiful, enjoyed by young and old people from Puglia and of course the visitors. It is performed with live singers as well. I will try to put some pictures of it up.
Last night I experienced my first tropical thunder storm and it was fantastic! Nothing like Seattle storms that are just cold, dark and wet. Yesterday it was hot and humid while it rained, and the wind, the wind howled around our flat so loud, whistling like from a horror movie. I was so happy. I now know what my mom is talking about when she says how much she loves storms from the south and from the Martial Islands.

I am now about to begin reading "Amore e Psiche", which is an adorable little book with a Greek myth written about Eros, Afrodite, and Psiche in Italian. It is my self-proclaimed challenge to read this book. Wish me luck!

There will be more to write soon!
Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Good reading, this is a good way to learn Italian.
    Buona Lettura, questo รจ un buon medoto per imparare l'Italiano.

    Roberta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babe. Great post. I definitely would like to see more of the Puglianese dance. Keep up the good work on the language. It will come. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete