Monday, August 9, 2010

Less Than 4 Weeks!

It's been awhile since my last post and since then I have learned a lot about my host family and city. I'm living in Mesagne, Puglia but am going to an art school (yeah!) in the city 6 miles away called Brindisi. I am so so happy that I am going to be going to an art school again, because I've been missing my old one ever since I left.
I have been talking to my host sister on facebook and I like her very much, she is fifteen. She does not go to my school but I will still be with her at home so I am happy about that. I will go to school 6 days a week (ugh) from probably 830 to 130, then church on Sunday. I have never been a part of a family that goes to church, so I am eager to experience a family with new beliefs:)
My Italian is coming along well, I feel like I am starting to get the hang of it, but I am nowhere close to being fluent. But I do have confidence that I could carry on a slow conversation in Italian haha. I found out that you can get up to 16 college credits if I learn Italian this year fluently, so that's top on my list!
I'm getting things ready to leave here, buying all the little things I will need, getting rid of stuff, and packing up my room.
I'm getting soooo excited! I'm sure all of my fellow AFSers know what I'm talking about. My list of "to-do's" is constantly running through my head, so that I always feel that there is something I should be doing. But I'm getting close to it being complete.
Cioa!
Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment