Friday, July 9, 2010

Brindisi; My New Home!!

A few days ago I got my placement in Brindisi, Puglia! I was so happy when I found out! The only thing I know about my host family is that I have three siblings...I will have siblings living with me for the first time in my life. Exciting! I am happy but anxious about it, because this family has so much power over how my exchange will turn out (even though I know it'll be amazing either way).
The city is very old and beautiful, dating back to at least 14 b.c., when it was conquered by Alexander the Great. There is a lot of exciting history behind this city that I am eager to learn more about. I've been thinking about how it will feel to live in a place with so much history, Seattle only being a few hundred years old, this old city has thousands of more years to have stories from. And I want to know these stories!
I guess it is known for it's fresh goat cheese (my favorite!) and octopus (I guess I'll have to try it finally!). Brindisi attracts a lot of tourists in the summer months, because it is a nice town and has good access to a lot of other cute little towns. It also has the safest natiral port in all the Mediterranean, making it appealing throughtout history and still now. Brindisi itself is a smaller city, with about 90,000 people, it is known as a sleepy and relaxed place. Sounds fantastic right?? It will be a nice shift from the 4 million of the greater Seattle area.
As you can probably tell, I am very happy with my placement so far. I can't wait to tell you all more things about it once I've actually lived there! I will fill you in on my host family when I know more about them.
Arrivederci for now!
Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment